1 Stay true to who you are for your clients and customers, do not be defined by who they are against. Stay on your path and let the others (competition) fight. By this focus you tend not to over react get into turf wars. Basically do what you do and focus on how you help your target markets get their goals.
2. Staying persistent and driven does not mean being inflexible, staying rigid will eventually break you as you grow through time, especially in today’s turbulent times. A Palm tree grows because it can bend. It also allows you to adjust your goals.
3. Develop good habits, many think of habits as a negative, but it is your subconscious programming, so train your subconscious or precociousness to react in positive ways to ensure your success.
4. Never get comfortable or complacent, Always strive to try new things or old things in new ways. This maintains growth and a new flow of things into your life and mission.
5.Always assume you do not know enough or that you have all the answers. In the current environment you have to seek new ways to accomplish your goals. Seek to add and improve your mind. This does not mean appear to have lack of confidence, but the opposite as true confidence is open to new ideas.
6. Put others before yourself, ask how you can help your clients, family and friend each day, service is the pathway to ongoing true success.
7. You do not have to be perfect, mistake are how you grow. Perfect is the enemy of excellent. Any top athlete can point to the setbacks each season as how they grow their game. If you wait for the perfect opportunity, or have that proposal perfect the opportunity slips away. Also do not hide your mistakes they make you human, and others can learn from them.
8. Let your passions and mission define you not your fears. Much like #1 stand for what you love. If you let the fears dominate you will attract it to you.
9. Be loyal, to your clients, your mission, your students, your people and lastly yourself. Today’s corporate, political, and educational world decry the lack of loyalty, but they have forgotten loyalty starts at the top and must run both ways. You can hold people accountable without throwing them under the bus Also it allows people to make mistakes and correct them.
10. Be reflective as reflection allows the subconscious mind to review actions, beliefs, attitudes and adjust them, the great leaders, inventors, educators, and change agents spend time reflecting on what they are doing, how they are doing it, and what can they do better.
I hope to see you on the road to happy destiny.
Gods Speed till next time